Richmond Neighborhood Association
2018 Board Elections
Voting Times and Locations are:
Sunday, June 10
- 8-10pm - Olympia Provisions Public House, 34th & Division
Monday, June 11
- 8-10am - Seven Virtues Coffee, 35th & Hawthorne
- 11-1pm - Atlas Pizza, 3570 SE Division St.
- 6-8pm - Waverley Heights Congregational United Church, 3300 SE Woodward St.
HOW TO VOTE
- Review the Candidates - Candidate List & Statements
- Get your ballot
- Either print your own ballot - Printable Ballot
- Or get a ballot at an official voting location
- Go to one of the Voting Locations
- Sign-in and consent to be a member of the Richmond Neighborhood Association
- Get your unique Ballot ID from an elections worker
- You will also have a record of your unique Ballot ID and a link to later use to check that your ballot was properly recorded
- Put your ballot—with unique Ballot ID—into the ballot box
- Once all ballots are recorded, we'll post the anonymous voting logs and you can use your Unique Ballot ID to verify that your vote was counted correctly.
Richmond Board Positions
Greetings Richmond Neighbors!
The time for the Richmond Neighborhood Association annual election is coming right up. Voting will be held between 8pm on Sunday, June 10, 2018 until 8pm Monday, June 11, 2018. If you are an apartment renter, a homeowner or a house renter, a business owner or a land owner, you can run for the Board of the RNA. If you are interested in becoming a board member there are a couple ways for you to announce your candidacy, as follows:
in person at the May 14th meeting, Waverly Congregational Church from 7:00 - 9:00 pm
self-nomination via email to me, board chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your announcement must be made no later than May 28, 2018.
- There are eight seats available in this election- each seat is for a two-year term.
Candidates are encouraged but not required to provide a written statement of 250 words or less to be posted to the RNA website and listserve. Email your statement to email@example.com by end of day Monday, May 28, 2018. Statements will be published 2 weeks prior to the election.
For example, in your Candidate Statement you could let people know things about you such as...
What are you passionate about regarding the neighborhood?
What would you like to do to create positive change in our neighborhood?
Which committees would be the best fit for you?
How would you like to help our neighborhood through volunteering as a board member?
What are skills & talents you can contribute to our board and community?
Candidates are encouraged but not required to make an oral statement of 3 minutes or less at an election meeting.
The Richmond Neighborhood Association boundaries are as follows: SE Hawthorne to SE Powell, from SE 29th (it jogs one block west to SE 29th between SE Division and SE Grant Streets), east to SE 50th (north of SE Division) and SE 52nd (south of SE Division).
RNA meetings are held on the second Monday of the month from 7:00 - 9:00 pm at Waverly Congregational Church, in the basement event space, at 3300 SE Woodward St.